- Read the episode of a guest’s very unhappy birthday (pages 51-54 of the textbook). ( see the attcment )
- Answer the following three questions:
- What went wrong with the Hagadorn’s visit to Xavier’s? Identify at least 5 service recovery opportunities that were missed by the restaurant’s staff. What could have been done at each opportunity to prevent or minimize the problems experienced by the Hagadorns ?
- How should the manager respond on the spot to recover with the Hagadorns ?
- What steps does the manager need to take to develop a strategy for ensuring quality guest service and service recovery ?