Based on the knowledge you have gained through the readings in this module, answer the Module Review Questions listed below. These questions were chosen to demonstrate your understanding and help you assess your progress.
- How does having a scope and WBS help project teams during project execution? Why is it difficult to develop good plans?
- Name the main planning tasks performed as part of project integration management? What are the main documents created, and what should they contain?
- Identify the planning tasks performed as part of project time management. What is the critical path for a project? Why is it important to know which tasks are on the critical path? How would you gain support from the project sponsor on the tasks on the critical path?
- During project cost management, what are the main planning tasks performed? Identify the difference between a cost estimate and a cost performance baseline. Why is it important to have clear ground rules and assumptions for a cost estimate?
- Create a WBS for building a new house by using MS Project (or other software of your choice). Alternative software options might include, however, but are not limited to the following:
- WBS Tool http://www.wbstool.com/ (Links to an external site.) (free),
- WBS Schedule Pro http://www.criticaltools.com/download.html (Links to an external site.) (30-day trial).
Be sure you show project summary and Task ID 0. Assume that the WBS Level 2 categories include managing the project, finding property, securing a loan, designing the entire home, building, the entire home, and providing landscaping and external items, including a hot tub and swimming pool. Break at least two Level 2 items down to Level 4.
Examine the Module Review Rubric below to identify the qualities of an effective paper. Prior to submitting your assignment, please use the following naming convention: Activity4-4_Yourlastname.