are a Human Resources (HR) program of one. Based on information learned in this
course, create a Human Resources plan of the steps needed to create a
one-person HR department. The design of the HR department must correspond to
the various dimensions of the organization. For example, if there are multiple
customers, products, or locations, then HR needs to support them all.
In your paper:
- Provide a clear and concise summary of the business (name, industry, number of people, etc.).
- Create a detailed plan by completing the following:
- Develop a recruitment and selection plan.
- Design a training and development plan.
- Design a compensation package for the people hired.
- Discuss legal issues the company should consider (e.g., the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission).
- Develop a performance appraisal system.
- Provide support from scholarly sources in regards to the decisions made in the creation of the HR department.
Writing the HR Plan
The HR Plan
- Must be 2500-3000 words in length (not including the title and reference pages) and must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Any exhibits or appendices are also not
included inthe paper length.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources,