Directions: You are tasked with finding a Human Resource Information System (HRIS) for an imaginary organization of your choice, with approximately 200 employees. Compare three HR Information Systems. These systems can be proprietary, open source, or a combination of both. Create a Table of Information (Links to an external site.) to display the topics each of the chosen HRIS systems addresses. Select one of the three HRIS and provide an analysis that addresses the topics from the Human Resources/Talent management list below. Following your analysis, provide recommendations how you would modify the HRIS for use by the organization. Support your recommendation with literature. The modified system can be proprietary, open source, or a combination of both. For a list of proprietary systems please refer to the section titled “Vendor Software” on pages 580-581 in your text. For open source systems refer to The Top 12 Free and Open Source HR Software Systems (Links to an external site.) or the Best Open Source HRM and ERP Solutions (Links to an external site.). For help creating the Table of Information watch the video Table of Information (Links to an external site.).
Human Resources/Talent Management
- Employee Information
- Training and Development
- Payroll and Taxes
- Holiday, Sickness, Vacation, Absenteeism
- Health Insurance
- Direct Deposit
- Job Postings
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Job Descriptions
The HRIS Comparison paper
- Must be 8 to 10 double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least 7 sources. This includes at least six appropriate contemporary or scholarly sources plus the textbook
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must provide section headers to clearly label each of the chosen sections.
- Must include citations and references to the text and at least six scholarly sources.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a reference page that is completed according to APA style, as outlined in the approved APA style guide.