Assess your organization’s HRM philosophy and practices
- Write a 4-6 page paper explaining your company’s human resource management philosophy (what they say or seem to believe about people) citing examples to support your observations. Remember, the HRM philosophy is greater the HR department. Execution of the HRM philosophy happens in the trenches. HR serves a significant role, but is not solely responsible for designing, implementing or applying the HRM philosophy.
- Conduct a SWOT analysis to describe, analyze, and evaluate your organizations HRM strategy and how it could be more effective. Compare how your organization matches up to the best practices described in the text.
- Discuss whether the HRM strategy it is truly a system with elements that fit together and support or complement each other, or if it is series of unconnected functions and programs. You should also address how the HRM system and strategy is integrated and/or supports the overall strategy of the organization, and discuss any suggestions you have for improvement.
- Examine whether the stated philosophy is consistent with what you observe being practiced. Discuss how the company’s view or philosophy matches your own human resource management philosophy, and how that agreement or lack of agreement helps or hinders your performance.
- Your paper should include a title page with your name, the title of your paper, the course number and the date you are submitting the paper. Also include references for sources cited in your paper. The title page and reference list do not count toward the number of pages for this assignment.