“Growing Pains at Modern Office Supply” (pages 270-272 in the text).
After reading the case annotated above, answer the following questions as noted on page 272 of the text:
- What is missing in the performance management process and what ways would improve the performance management process help improve discipline and morale at Modern Office Supply?
- How can ineffective performance management programs leave employers vulnerable for claims of discrimination?
- How does the form used for hourly employees contribute to errors and distortion in the appraisal process? How would you revise the form or reduce them? Explain other steps that need to be taken to further reduce distortions in the process?
- What type of form would you recommend that would be more effective for the hourly employees? Construct an appropriate form for the delivery driver position
- How can the appraisal process for the manager be improved?
There are no “right” or “wrong” answers, only well-substantiated opinions based on critical analysis.
Regardless of your responses, be sure to substantively support your answers with references to the text and/or outside sources. Your finished product should be a minimum of 2-3 pages. (For instance, each question could be a new level 1 heading in your paper).
Please include a title sheet and 2-3 references. Only one reference may come from the internet (not Wikipedia). Only the body of the paper will count toward the word requirement. Please write in 3rd person. See rubric below.