For this week’s assignment, you will write a 1-2 page essay about human trafficking. Be sure to address all prompts and cite your sources in APA format. This is worth 100 points, so be thorough and give your best effort.
Human trafficking is a unique form of crime that embodies a number of illegal activities. Furthermore, there are serious human rights issues related to this phenomenon. Forced human labor, sex trafficking and child labor issues are key aspects. The victims are forced and coerced into situations that have serious consequences. To prepare for this week’s graded activities, please review the study guide for this week. It will give you a brief summation of the material for this lesson. This is not a comprehensive list of the information, so you will still need to read the textbook.
For this week’s individual work, please respond to the following prompts:
- Discuss the nature and scope of human trafficking.
- Examine how the U.S. and other countries have attempted to address human trafficking and smuggling for sex and labor.
Your essay should include the following:
- An in-depth submission that should be free of spelling and grammar errors and is 1-2 pages in length.
- You will be assessed on the rationale you use in addressing the questions/issue posted, and how well you justify your argument regarding this issue.
- Your response must be thought-provoking, have well-developed ideas, and should reference (per APA) any supporting material from the text, lecture, or other sources you have used to complete the assignment.
- Please remember that your individual work should be paraphrased. This means you must write the paper in your own words. You must not simply find an article and cut and paste it and submit it as your assignment.
- In addition, you should use scholarly resources to support your claims. Quotations are acceptable, but should be used sparingly. At least 85% of your paper should be written in your own words. Citing your work and giving authors appropriate credit is very important. If an idea is not your own, you must cite your work – this includes paraphrasing