Course focuses on developing a technology strategy and integrating it with business strategy. Involves technology situation analysis, technology portfolio development, technology and corporate strategy integration and establishing technology investment priorities. Extensively uses case studies.
- Understand the importance of technology to businesses.
- Understand the functions of management and the roles of a manager in developing technology.
- Understand preliminary aspects of technology strategy.
- Understand the use of these concepts by applying them to case situations and current or future analysis.
Report should include the following (suggested though not required length):
1) Title & Statement of the Problem/Opportunity (1 paragraph)
2) Background (1/2 page)
3) Situation (1-2 page)
4) Analysis/Comparisons (2-3 pages)
5) Recommendations (1-2 page)
6) Summary & Conclusions (1-2 page)
7) References (3 or more)
Report is due 17 April.