Assignment from nickkynickky
Imagine you are a stakeholder for a non-profit health care organization. As a leader you are responsible for modeling ethical behavior and have the ability to encourage patient safety initiatives.
Write a 1,250 word letter to your legislator promoting a health policy, which supports patient safety. Your policy could include safety issues such as and hand hygiene or Medication Administration. *** The Word Count Does Not Include In Text Citation***
Include the following in your letter:
• Explain the health policy you are proposing and its purpose.
◦ Explain why action is needed.
◦ Explain what course of action is recommended.
◦ Explain why this health policy change is important.
• Explain essential points that explain how this issue has evolved or become a concern. (Include references to support your points and explanation.)
◦ Explain who will be affected by this policy.
• Analyze the responsibilities of the organization’s leadership.
◦ Analyze the impact this policy will have on resources.
◦ Describe if individuals meet licensing board requirements (if any).
◦ Analyze the impact of not following ethical standards.
• Analyze the responsibility of professional licensing boards as it applies to patient safety.
Use at least 3 references
Format your references page according to APA guidelines.