Type: Individual Project
Unit: Risk Methodologies
Due Date: Sat, 9/17/16
Grading Type: Numeric
Deliverable Length: 6–12 slides with 150–200 words in notes section
Respond to the following scenario with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. Be substantive and
clear, and use research to reinforce your ideas.
Apix is considering coffee packaging as an additional diversification to its product
line. Here’s information regarding the coffee packaging project:
investment outlay of $40 million, consisting of $35 million for equipment
and $5 million for net working capital (NWC) (plastic substrate and ink inventory);
NWC recoverable in terminal year
- Project and equipment life: 5 years
- Sales: $27 million per year for five years
- Assume gross margin of 50% (exclusive of depreciation)
- Depreciation: Straight-line for tax purposes
- Selling, general, and administrative expenses: 10% of sales
- Tax rate: 35%
Assume a WACC of 10%.
Should the coffee packaging project be accepted? Why or why not? Compute the project’s IRR
In addition, answer the following questions:
Do you believe that there was sufficient financial information to make a solid
decision on what to do?
- Was there further financial information that you required that was not provided to
- What financial figure do you believe was the determinant to your decision and
- How would you be able to apply this particular financial information to other
- Discuss risk methodologies used in capital budgeting.