This Essay Must be taken seriously.
Must use proper Grammar and present a College level paper.
CommUnity Grants are designed to promote campus discourse around issues related to identity and cross-cultural interaction, as well as to enhance collaboration between diverse student organizations in order to build understanding and unity. In other words, CommUnity Grants are available to support programs that convene individuals and groups representing different identities in order to promote cross-cultural awareness, understanding, and appreciation. Here, “identities” is used in a broad sense and includes, but is not limited to sex or gender, race or ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion or spirituality, ability, national origin, and familial status.
EVENT Examples include:
- Activities or events that bring together students from diverse religious traditions;
- A community service project that brings together students from diverse cultural traditions;
- A panel discussion or speaker planned by two or more student groups who do not normally collaborate (e.g. several Greek chapters and ethnic student dance organizations);
- Planning and coordinating campus and community events, such as “unity dinners” to foster discussion of local, national and global issues concerning interreligious understanding and social justice;
- Developing educational campaigns and other outreach strategies to encourage and promote positive community values, respect for diverse opinions and peace.
Pick out TWO organizations that you believe might NEVER do anything social together.( Students for Justice in Palestine & Students Supporting Israel)
Envision an event that would BENEFIT both groups.
The TWO organizations you will be writing about are Students for Justice in Palestine & Students for Justice in Palestine
Your audience is the Community Grant committee.
Please provide a brief summary of you proposed event. Be sure to address how the event supports the Community Grants mission, which is “to promote discourse around issues related to identity and cross-cultural interaction, as well as to enhance collaboration between diverse student organizations in order to build understanding and unity.”
(Must be at least 700 words)