GE Innovates from the Base of the Pyramid
Most business people would agree that being an innovator can be very valuable but this case suggests that it may be useful to “innovate in the way one innovates,” like General Electric has done with its “reverse innovation” strategy.
Discuss innovation and reverse innovation for large global businesses.
Address the following in your paper:
- What are the similarities and differences between GE’s traditional innovation and reverse innovation?
- Why is GE so interested in reverse innovation?
- What are the main concerns that prevent Western MNEs from aggressively investing in emerging economies? What are the costs if they choose not to focus on emerging economies?
- Why is a leading US MNE such as GE afraid of emerging multinationals from emerging economies?
The requirements below must be met for your paper to be accepted and graded:
- Write between 750 – 1250 words (approximately 3 – 5 pages) using Microsoft Word in APA style, see example below.
- Use font size 12 and 1” margins.
- Include cover page and reference page.
- At least 80% of your paper must be original content/writing.
- No more than 20% of your content/information may come from references.
- Use at least three references from outside the course material, one reference must be from EBSCOhost. Text book, lectures, and other materials in the course may be used, but are not counted toward the three reference requirement.
- Cite all reference material (data, dates, graphs, quotes, paraphrased words, values, etc.) in the paper and list on a reference page in APA style.
References must come from sources such as, scholarly journals found in EBSCOhost, CNN, online newspapers such as, The Wall Street Journal, government websites, etc. Sources such as, Wikis, Yahoo Answers, eHow, blogs, etc. are not acceptable for academic writing.