You are about to embark on an international negotiation. You work for a multinational oil company, and your company has decided to set up a joint venture with Saudi Arabia and another one with a company in Russia. You are leading the negotiations.
- What are the 5 stages of negotiation, and how might you prepare for them? To answer this question consider the following:
- Is the preparation different with each country?
- Would inductive or deductive reasoning work better for different cultures?
- What cultural differences do you need to be sensitive to in the process?
- For example, what would you expect from the Arab negotiator versus the Russian negotiator who will be working with you, the American negotiator?
- What would be some of the political, legal, economic, and ideological issues that may come up?
- How would you manage conflict if it should come up in the negotiations?
- 400–600 words