Assignment 3: Decision Trees in Decision Making
Purpose of the Assignment:
The purpose of Assignment 3 is to help you with a better understanding of the decision trees in decision making.
Requirements of the Assignment:
1) First, define a decision tree and its basic elements, using an example to show the basic elements used when visualizing a choice;
2) Then, discuss the applications for decision tree analysis in decision making, providing four examples for a better understanding of the applications;
3) Also, discuss at least five advantages and five problems/limitations of using the decision tree as a technique in decision making.
Write a short report in APA (American Psychology Association) style that provides detailed descriptions on what you have come up with. It should include the following:
• Your name and course information
• Title of your report
• Body of your report
• References (if you have any)
This short report counts 5% of your final grade.
You need to save the assignment with the file name: IST378-01 Assignment 3 Your Name. Not doing so will result in points deduction.
Grades will be based on:
• The correctness and appropriateness of the answers in your report (80%).
• The quality and clarity of the structure in your report (20%).