Using your textbook, briefly answer the following questions
- What is meant by labor relations?
- Explain how unions are simultaneously economic and political organizations.
- What is a spillover?
- What is the greatest challenge facing private sector unions?
- Briefly describe the historical impact of the Knights of Labor.
- Briefly describe the historical importance of the Danbury Hatters boycott case.
- Briefly explain the concept of exclusive representation established by the Wagner Act.
- What was the major responsibility of the National Labor Relations Board?
- Select for my approval one of the following topics for your paper # 1 due in Unit 3:
Why and How U.S. Labor Unions Seek to Influence Federal, State and Local Politics.
b. How Global Competitiveness Affects Labor/Management Relations.
c. How Right-to-Work Laws Affects Labor/Management Relations.
d. An Objective Analysis of the Proposed Federal Employee Free Choice Act
e. Union Support Craft Jurisdictional Conflict and Restrictive Work Practices
f. How Technology Affects Labor/Management Relations