Assignment 2: Principles and Power in Leadership
This course has major project assignments that will be due in Weeks 3 and 5. It will take more than a week’s effort to adequately complete them. Plan time to start the research and other work for those assignments earlier than the week in which they are due.
Using the famous leader you chose in Week 1, you will evaluate the leader based on course concepts covered in the last two weeks.
- Summarize the key details about your chosen leader.
- Who is s/he?
- What is the organization?
- What are one or two important points you have learned so far in your study of the leader?
- This section of your paper should only be 1 or 2 paragraphs.
- Analyze the leader’s alignment to the four universal principles: integrity, responsibility, compassion, and forgiveness, citing examples and research to support your assessment. In essence, how did the leader demonstrate (or not demonstrate) those principles in his or her leadership practice?
- Analyze the different bases of power this leader used, citing examples and research to support your assessment. In essence, how did this leader demonstrate use of power and which bases of power did s/he use to influence others?
- Analyze the demonstrated beliefs of this leader, citing examples and research to support your assessment. In essence, what did the leader appear to believe about:
- people inside the organization,
- people outside the organization,
- processes and policies,
- profit (or other relevant outcomes).
- Analyze how this leader affected the culture of his or her organization, citing examples and research to support your assessment. In essence,
- How did this leader’s attitudes and actions affect followers?
- Which behaviors had a strong effect on followers?
- Was this leader credible? Based on what evidence?
- How did this leader’s attitudes and actions influence the organization’s ethical practices?
- Was the leader an ethical leader? Based on what evidence?
Name your document: SU_LEA5125_W3_A2_LastName_FirstInitial_.doc.
Submit your 7 to 10 page document to the W3: Assignment 2 Dropbox by Tuesday, September 20, 2016.
Cite any sources you use using the APA format.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria|
|Summarized key details about the leader and organization.|
|Analyzed the leader’s alignment to the four universal principles.|
|Analyzed the bases of power used by the leader.|
|Analyzed the leader’s demonstrated belief about people inside the organization, people outside the organization, power, processes/policies, and profit (or other relevant outcomes).|
|Analyzed how the leader affected the culture of his/her organization|