Although there is no one format for client opinion letters, reviewing the sample letters contained in Chapter 11 will help you prepare for this assignment. With this activity, you will have an opportunity to draft a client opinion letter. Complete the following assignment:
- Please read the fact pattern contained in Appendix A, in Foundations of Legal Research and Writing, page 375-376.
- In preparing this opinion letter, please cite all primary and secondary sources used to reach your conclusion.
- Be sure to follow these guidelines:
- The letter should be at least two pages long.
- You will be assessed on the nature and scope of your research and the depth of analysis in your response.
- In addition, you must proofread your material, and submit it without grammar, spelling, or other mechanical errors.
- Cite all of your sources in Bluebook format, including the text, lectures, and other sources.
- Proofread carefully – spelling and other mechanics count.