Assignment: Managing Conflict and Stress
- Read the following scenario:
- As the manager of a department, you have noticed a lot of tension and arguments between your employees. The disagreements have been about work and personal issues.
- Julie has been a model employee for more than a year. In the past month, she has been late to work six times. You have noticed her checking her cell phone for messages very frequently, and she has been visiting non-work-related websites on her computer.
- Because you are now coping with work conflicts between employees such as these, there is an increased amount of stress in your work life each day.
- How does a supervisor identify and approach the different conflicts occurring within the department?
- Recommend the issues where the supervisor must counsel, manage, and correct the behaviors of employees
- Outline an action plan to address Julie’s performance. (If no action plan is necessary, explain why.)
- What policies and procedures can be put into place to help the supervisor and team succeed?
- Describe how the supervisor should manage increased stress due to the issues.