Prompt: Assume the role of an employee at a fictional company and prepare an executive memo pertaining to the legal and ethical implications of a company doing business internationally.
You are working for a major U.S. corporation that wants to expand its reach globally and has narrowed the search down to either Mexico or Japan. Your supervisor has asked you to prepare a memo that analyzes potential compliance issues with respect to aspects of law and ethics that are specific to one of the two countries. You will choose to prepare your memo for either Mexico or Japan and address the critical elements below. This will help inform the final executive decision.
Because you have some fluency with domestic laws, and given your background and history with the corporation, you have been asked to assess the pros and cons of the decision, and to provide your insights with respect to the ethical and legal implications of the expansion.
The following critical elements must be addressed: 5pages(not including title or reference pages), 12 font, APA, double spaced, Time News Roman
- What pertinent aspects of U.S. law should the company be aware of in its goal to do business internationally?
- Assess the legal implications of moving business abroad specific to your chosen country. What are the advantages and disadvantages?
- What are the ethical implications involved in this business decision?
- Explain how other domestic companies have managed to comply with the U.S. laws related to this business decision in the past.
- How did these companies address potential compliance issues?
Include references to at least two cases for each point of law that is mentioned. Cite cases that appear to support a different legal resolution than the one presented, and then distinguish that case from the scenario described in this assignment.