Module 2: Managing Suppliers
This module unlocks the receiving department, putting players in charge of managing the supply chain and material inventories to meet client needs. (15 Turns).
To gain access to this module, please use the URL posted by your faculty member. From that point, follow the instructions in the simulation.
The warehouse manager asked you to create a presentation for his staff. The presentation will discuss various aspects of inventory control and will include a sample inventory list as a comprehensive chart that lists all of the company’s internal resources: equipment, machines, technology, furniture, office supplies, and so forth.
Considering the company, its services, and its products and using what you learned in the game module, create a PowerPoint presentation that will address all internal resources of the organization and address the following:
- Explain the “make to order” process
- Quality considerations in the production process
- Supplier deals and supplier quality, reliability, cost, and lead times
- Raw material purchasing strategies
- Explain the roles and uses of inventory
- Explain techniques for effective inventory management
- Explain the elements of lean and “just-in-time” approaches to supply chain management.
- Create an inventory based on departments, units, and teams in a table providing elements of relevant categories (e.g., departments, materials, technology, office equipment, vendors, time line, cost, restocking dates, resource locations) using the inventory list template link below.
- Inventory list template: Should be similar to this example.
Use the following format:
- 8–10 slides
- Eye-catching graphics, clip art, charts, and models
- A minimum of 100–200 words of speaker’s notes per slide
- APA, 6th edition format for all citations and references
Note: The game module must be played and completed to complete the full IP assignment.