Module 4 – SLP
PROCESS SCHEDULING: PERT-CPM
The fundamental reference for all four SLP assignments is the Continuous Process Improvement Transformation Guidebook. You should acquaint yourself with its contents before beginning the first SLP, refer to it throughout the course, and cite relevant portions as you prepare each SLP assignment.
This SLP assignment concludes the analysis of the process described in the SLP assignments in Modules 1, 2, and 3. For this assignment, please write an essay describing:
- The data that should be gathered before, during, and after the improvement initiative.
- How the data should be collected.
- What criteria should be applied to determine whether the intended improvements are working as intended.
SLP Assignment Expectations
- There are no page limits. Write what you need to write, neither more nor less. Make each sentence count! (Having said that; it’s unlikely that one page would be enough, and very likely that eight pages would be too much.)
- Ensure that your answer reflects your detailed understanding of the theory and techniques taught in this module.
- References and citations are required. This requirement can be satisfied by citing the module Home page, and (for the SLP) the DOD CPI Guidebook.
- Follow the instructions in the Writing Style Guide.