Computer and Applications Class Mod 4:
ASSIGNMENT #1) Module 4 Assignment : ALL ABOUT ME
Now that you have mastered the basics of Microsoft PowerPoint, it is time to put some of these skills to practice. Follow these steps to create your masterpiece.
You will be creating a presentation about YOU, which will consist of your slide deck as well as speaker’s notes for each slide. You will need to come up with a speech about yourself that will be written within the speaker’s notes. Here are some topics that you can include: basic information, hobbies, pets, family, career goals, etc. However, this is a flexible assignment and you can omit anything on this list and/or add your own topics.
Assume you are sharing your personal information in a somewhat informal setting, such as a classroom, where you are presenting to classmates.
- The presentation must include at least three slides, but no more than five.
- Include your name, CGS1240, and the date on slide 1.
- Apply a design theme.
- Use different slide transitions on all slides.
- Include at least two pictures or clip art graphics.
- Animate at least one object. Use something other than “fly in.”
- Use the slides to only highlight key points but include the entire speech in the Speakers Notes for each slide you are presenting. Yes, you must write a speech, but please keep the tone comfortable and casual.
- Be sure to check grammar and spelling. Even a rather informal presentation must be delivered professionally.
Using the information that you gathered on your travel destination, create a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation that includes the following:
- A minimum of 6 slides and a maximum of 8 slides.
- A minimum of three slide layouts, pleasing to the eye and easy to read.
- Two or more clip art pieces or photos, one WordArt object, AND one Shape.
- A theme.
- A title slide that introduces you, your employer (International Travel Company), and your travel destination. It should also include the dates of the trip (select from either an October or a March date) and the cost of the trip: $3,200 per person. Note that optional travel insurance may be purchased for $250.
- A slide that lists the name of the hotel you selected and a few details that will excite travelers about staying at this hotel. If you got this information from the Internet, be sure to use your own words. Copying and pasting is considered plagiarism. Indicate that a 50% down payment is required one month before the vacation begins (you determine the date) and that 50% is due one week before takeoff.
- One or two slides that list details about the two tourist spots that travelers will be visiting. Again, be sure to use your own words.
- A slide detailing the restaurant you chose for fine dining and a few possible dinner choices, if you have that information. Otherwise, make up the menu options.
- A slide with an exciting fact about your destination.
- A final slide to motivate potential vacationers to sign up.
- Various transitions on each slide.
- A least two animations.
Note: you might not do all of these in one file in the real world.
- Open the Project Data file linked below. Press the Enable Editing button, if necessary.
Complete the following instructions (save often):
- Formulas and Charts: follow the instructions on the sheet
- Functions: Find the house payment using the PMT function.
- Goal Seek: Using Goal Seek, how many months will it take to save 5,500?
- Sort: Sort the data on Topic and within Topic, sort on Sub Topic.
- Filter: Filter the data on Social Statistics.
- Pivot Tables: Create a Pivot Table for Artist, Location, and Value. Let Excel decide where these fields will go.
To continue our travel project theme, we will first complete our data and then create a Pivot Table to provide us with the travelers that have a balance due greater than or equal to $2000.
Open the Module 5 Data file linked below and follow these steps (click the Enable Editing button, if necessary):
- Add your name and your travel destination.
- Add first and last names for all travelers.
- Create formulas for the Total and Amount Due columns. (The information is given on the sheet).
- Create a pivot table for the information. Use the travelers, totals, and amount due fields.
- Filter the pivot table to show only those travelers with a balance of 2000 or more. HINT: you should have four (4) travelers after you filter.
- Save the Excel document using the naming convention given at the end of this assignment.
SCHOOL LIBRARY INFO: