Review the Motor Vehicle – Evidence and Procedure media piece, and then, prepare a three-page paper citing a minimum of two academically verified references.
In your paper:
- Assess whether reasonable suspicion or probable cause existed to stop the vehicle in the scenario.
- Analyze whether the officer should have looked to see if there was evidence of a crime before stopping the vehicle in the scenario.
- Evaluate whether the officer could have detained the occupants of the vehicle at the scene while the other officer checked the business.
- Explore whether the officer had the right to search the vehicle or whether consent from the driver is needed.
Be sure to review the Motor Vehicle Stop – Evidence and Procedure Scoring Guide to ensure you understand the criteria for this assignment.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- References: A minimum of two references.
- APA format: Format resources and citations as per current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Length of paper: Three pages, not including the title page and the references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.