Note: Please use the project from Assignment 1 to complete this assignment, which requires that you provide the necessary scope for your project.
In Assignment 1, you have defined the objectives of the project in terms of a problem which it solves or an opportunity on which it capitalizes. You have also created a Scope Statement (or Statement of Work) which outlines the basic components of the project. It is now the time to create a charter, have it approved by the sponsor / client, and with charter in hand, start the planning process. First, a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) is created followed by a project plan / network.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you will:
- Discuss the value of a project charter and, based on your research, include an outline of the components which you deem necessary for your project. Note: You do not need to write a charter.
- Specify the stakeholders for the project, and analyze the position of each for the project, in terms of their influence, as well as their attitude toward the project (i.e., positive, neutral, or negative).
- Create a WBS for your project using the proper format (MS Word, MS Excel, Visio, or any other applicable format) to depict WBS graphically (see the example on page 110 of the textbook). Alternatively, you may use a coded format using MS Word (see example on page 115. The example is in MS Project format but the same could be done in MS Word).
- Create a project plan / network using the proper format (MS Word, MS Excel, or any other applicable format) to depict the project network (example on page 173). Be sure that all typical components on a project network are included, and critical path is properly depicted.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.