Read the following:
- Kristen’s Cookie Co. (A) – Harvard Case No. 9-686-093
Individual Written Assignment
For purposes of this assignment, assume the following:
- The cooling time is reduced to 3 minutes (not 5) by having a fan.
- The mixing time is also reduced to 5 min (not 6).
Answer the following questions:
- How long will you take to fill a rush order?
- How many orders can you fill in a night, assuming you are open four hours each night?
- How much of your own and your roommate’s valuable time will it take to fill each order?
- For Kristen’s Cookies, develop a Gantt chart of the activities and the resources (Kristen, Roommate, and Oven). Determine the amount of idle time Kristen and Roommate has for each dozen cookies produced. What is the time for Kristen and Roommate if the orders are for two-dozen cookies (of the same type) or three-dozen?
- If the cost of the dough used for cookies is $1, the wages that Kristen and Roommate make is $12 per hour, and the overhead rate is 100% of direct labor, what is the cost of one dozen cookies?