First, read chapters 14 and 15, in your textbook, Transcultural Concepts in Nursing Care. Links to these chapters can be found by clicking on the instructional material folder and then required reading folder for this module.
Then, answer the following questions:
- Describe ethical dilemmas associated with the current state of population health and health disparities.
- Discuss the cultural underpinnings supporting pros and cons of health care reform and the Affordable Care Act in the United States.
- Explain how the principles of social justice and human rights protection reduce health disparities.
Your initial post must be posted before you can view and respond to colleagues, must contain minimum of two (2) references, in addition to examples from your personal experiences to augment the topic. The goal is to make your post interesting and engaging so others will want to read/respond to it. Synthesize and summarize from your resources in order to avoid the use of direct quotes, which can often be dry and boring. No direct quotes are allowed in the discussion board posts.
- Initial Post: Minimum of two (2) total references: one (1) from required course materials and one (1) from peer-reviewed references.
- Response posts: Minimum of one (1) total reference: one (1) from peer-reviewed or course materials reference per response.
- Initial Post: Minimum 200 words excluding references (approximately one (1) page)
book –> Transcultural Concepts in Nursing Care, Joyceen S. Boyle & Margaret M. Andrews. (2015), 7th edition.