Option #1: Case Study Analysis of Human Resources Risk
Read the article titled “Be a global risk manager,” which addresses human resources risk, and then answer the questions that follow.
- Krell (2012) illustrated the dangers associated with the deployment of employees worldwide. How might the methods for planning risks discussed in this week’s readings be used to solve similar problems?
- Assume you are a project manager tasked with managing personnel risk from afar. Explain how and why mobility professionals should recognize the nature of human resources risks and how they should address them. Name two key criteria that should be used to evaluate family issues posed by personnel before they are added to the current project team.
- What does this article demonstrate about the effect of poor project screening methods on a firm’s ability to manage employees effectively from afar?
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 3-4 pages in length, not including cover and reference pages.
- Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements.
- Cite a minimum of three outside sources in addition to your textbook, two of which should be academic peer-reviewed scholarly sources, to support your responses. The CSU-Global Library is a great place to find these resources.
Refer to the Critical Thinking Assignment Rubric available in the Module 2 folder for more information on assignment expectations and grading.