PLEASE NOTE THIS ASSIGNMENT IS FOR THE OUTLINE AND THE PAPER!!!
- Type: Individual Project
- Due Date: Wed, 06/21/17
- Points Possible: 250
- Deliverable Length: Paper: 1,500-1,700 words
- *Note: An outline of the IP5 paper is due for the Week 4 Discussion Board.
- The purpose of the outline is to receive substantive feedback from peers during the week 4 DB and to help improve on the final deliverables due in week 5.
- This final assignment should be entirely focused on expansion into a new national market.
- Deliverable Length Paper of 1,500 – 1,700 words with citations and references.
- You represent a large U.S. corporation that manufactures rubber tires, and you want to begin manufacturing and distribution in another country. Choose a country that you think you would want to start a manufacturing plant in. Answer the following questions about your company and its chosen new market. Organize your paper into four sets of concerns: Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer. Select 2-3 bullet points from each perspective listed below and respond with cited research.Chairman:
- Discuss the macro environment of the country.
- What is the company strategy there?
- How will you be socially and economically responsible?
- What would be the role of management?
- What is the mode of entry you are going to use, and why?
- What do you think would motivate the workers to bring about collaboration?
- How would you design the right culturally appropriate program?
- What kind of leadership would work in this country?
- What are the political, cultural, environmental, and economic risks of doing business there?
- If you do decide to do business there, how would you staff the operation?
- What type of concerns would you have?
- What do you need to consider when you recruit, evaluate, train, and deal with labor relations issues?
- How would you select the manager?
- What if it does not work out?
- What are some of the legal issues you would have to deal with as a company if you decide to expand there?
- What are some of the opportunities and strengths of doing business there?
- What are some of the cross-cultural issues you are going to have to deal with particular to engaging a team?
- What are some of the protocols and etiquette issues you must incorporate into your business behavior?
- How are you going to deal with management issues such as assertiveness, conflict resolution, and team building?
- What are some of the foreign trade issues you will have to deal with?
- What are the determinants to foreign entry there, and how would you enter there?
- What are the 5 stages of negotiation, and how are you going to prepare for them at this international level?
- What would be some of the political, legal, economic, and ideological issues that may come up?
- How would you manage conflict if it should come up in the negotiations?
Please submit your file.For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
- Analyze factors that influence an industry’s potential for globalization.
- Assess key differences in business and operational practices of various countries.
- Compare organizational models for international, multinational, and global businesses.
- Develop an international, multinational, and global management plan.
- Evaluate how various legal, political, economical, ethical, and cultural systems affect business attitudes, norms, behaviors, practices, and philosophies.
- Evaluate various international, multinational, and global strategic plans.
- Explain the challenges of managing a diverse, globally-based workforce.
- Use effective communication techniques.
- Use team and problem-solving skills to collaborate on a project.