Part 1: Proposing Topic for Approval (50 points):
Your specific topic must be approved by your instructor. You cannot submit any subsequent assignments without submitting a topic proposal and getting approval from your instructor.
Your topic proposal will address the following questions:
- What are you proposing?
- To whom are you proposing it?
- What need does the proposal address?
- What are other companies/organizations/schools doing?
Students are encouraged to choose from the following topics:
- Propose an internship program to an existing company
- If you are already in an internship, identify a problem at your company & propose a solution
- Propose a new student service not already offered at Temple
- For example, we now have Cherry Pantry to give students that need it access to healthy food
- Propose a conference for the Fox School to host
- Propose a new LLC (Living Learning Community) for a Temple residence hall
- Propose a student-run business (like STHM & the Saxby’s in Speakman Hall)
- Propose a service-learning project for one of the majors within Fox
- Propose a student-run sustainability program for campus
- Propose a post-college life skills seminar (different from the services that CSPD already provides) – this could be a one-credit course or a special badge on Suitable
- No more than one page.
- Use 1-inch margins and 11 or 12-point font.
- Feel free to use brevity tools like bulleted lists.