Identify three to five consumer goods or services that you currently use that specifically target consumers based on gender or age. Compare these products to other products that are being sold to both genders and all ages. In your discussion post answer the following questions:
- Are the products focused on a specific demographic advertised differently?
- If so, how are they different?
- How are they similar?
For all discussion posts, back up your writing with terms and concepts from class readings. Remember, these same terms and concepts can be used in your Critical Thinking assignments and in the portfolio project, so use the discussion area as a place to practice applying terms and concepts to the situations being addressed.
Your post must be well written and formatted according to the requirements in the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA. Include at least two substantive posts to classmates by Sunday. Respond to two or more of your classmates’ posts in any of the following ways:
- Build on something your classmate said
- Explain why and how you see things differently
- Ask a probing or clarifying question
- Share an insight from having read your classmates’ postings
- Offer and support an opinion
- Validate an idea with your own experience
- Expand on your classmates’ postings
- Ask for evidence that supports the post
Important Note: The products I use on a regular basis include iPhone, Keurig, Nike. I am a man so this will need to be done from a mans perspective.