I have attached to this is Assignment and Pictures of rubric:
Windows Application Deployment Proposal
Crete, Inc. has hired you as an IT consultant for improving on their current Windows Infrastructure. Crete, Inc. is a manufacturing company of automotive fabrics that has locations in Detroit, New York, Atlanta, and Mexico. The majority of staff, including IT, is located in their headquarters in Atlanta. The Detroit and New York offices have mostly sales and marketing personnel.
As you a consultant, you are bidding on a lucrative contract to design and implement a robust Windows network. Crete, Inc. has provided details of their current IT infrastructure.
- The main datacenter is located in Atlanta. The Atlanta office has one main data center and three offices converted for additional data center space due to space issues in the main data center.
- Microsoft Exchange email system, which runs on 4 physical servers.
- 20 SQL Servers
- 12 Oracle Database Servers
- 4 File and Print Servers
- 12 Web Servers
- 40 Application Servers (HR, finance, budget, inventory control, licensing, reporting, etc.)
- WAN connectivity is in place between all sites using secure (IPSec) tunnel with redundancy.
- Security, in terms of firewalls and IPS and IDS, is in place and will be handled separately.
- Assumptions can be made regarding any information not included here; however, all assumptions should be identified.
Topics to Cover in your Proposal:
Your document should cover the content presented in the course. The outline below contains recommended points to cover. You are free to add other related information.
Describe the technical and business reasons for each choice, citing other resources as appropriate.
The Windows Server 2012 operating system should be used for all aspects of the solution.
The topics include:
Policies and Guidelines
- Develop points to include in policies and guidelines since they are outdated. A detailed policy is not needed.
- Implement a monitoring plan for critical servers and services. What servers and services should be monitored and why?
- Plan to update the servers
- Plan to update desktop
- Plan to update software (Office, Adobe Reader, etc.) and plugins (Java, Flash, etc.)
- Identify, justify and develop a plan for clustering servers. Which service/servers should be clustered?
- Plan for load balancing web servers.
- Requirements for a virtual template
- Crete, Inc. would like to access internal inventory so they can place orders. Develop a plan for ADFS.
Clustering and NLB
- Since space in the data center is issue, plan for using virtual technology. Your proposal should include, but not be limited to, networking, storage/SAN, managing.
Single Sign ON
There are specific requirements for the assignment: The final submission should contain at least 6 pages and no more than 12 pages worth of text written by the student. This does not include the title page, images, diagrams, tables, or quotations. (With the required diagram, and other images, title page, etc., the final submission may end up being more than 12 pages in length.) The paper must be double-spaced, have 1-inch margins, and use 12-point Times New Roman or 10-point Arial/Helvetica font. A title page is required; APA format for the title page is optional.
- At least one diagram must be included (not counted towards the minimum length described above). Additional diagrams, images, or tables are welcome.
- The submission must cover all of the 6 major topics outlined above. Each choice should be explained with technical and business reasoning. The solution should be reasonably detailed. Additional topics may be covered as desired.
- The structure of the final submission is flexible. There is no specific format required, although it should be organized logically and represent a single, unified solution. It is likely that the format will include separate sections for each of the 6 topics required, as well as a summary.
- At least two non-textbook, non-LabSim, non-Wikipedia reference is required; preferably, this would be a “best practice” guide or similar content from Microsoft or an experienced provider of Microsoft solutions.
- Be sure to properly quote and cite any sources used. APA format is required for in-text citations and the list of works cited at the end. It is expected that you are already familiar with UMUC’s “Policy on Academic Dishonesty and Plagiarism.” It is available in the Academic Policies section of the Syllabus. In its simplest form, if you are using text from a source, you must cite and/or quote it. If plagiarism is found, then there will be a penalty to the grade.
Top of Form