You have been assigned to provide staffing solutions and a project plan for a new operation overseas. Provide a high-level view of how you will manage this project. The following questions need to be answered in your response:
- How would you apply planning, organizing, leading, and controlling to this project?
- Provide an example of how each fundamental aspect of management might be carried out in this scenario.
In this assignment, you will consider the potential challenges and solutions that are inherent when working with other cultures.
- Identify a country and research the communication and business practice distinctions associated with this culture.
- Create a PowerPoint presentation addressing the following:
- Share the potential challenges that you might face while conducting meetings, phone conferences, or e-mails with a person or team from this culture.
- Provide ways in which you might find success in these situations.
- An ethical dilemma is one where there is no clear right or wrong options, just consequences to decisions. Managers are often faced with ethical dilemmas on a daily basis. Understanding how to make ethical decisions is an important skill for all managers.
- For this assignment, consider the country affected by the trade agreement you studied in this week’s Discussion Board.
- Write a paper explaining how to work with the following ethical dilemma:
- You continue to conduct due diligence required to make a sound decision on doing business in the subject country. A colleague of yours who has done business working with the country in question suggests that if you make a bribe to the government official involved, the deal will go much smoother. Without the bribe, you might lose the deal altogether. Your competitor is willing to make the bribe if you do not. This is a normal everyday practice in this country and is in no way illegal.
- Use the Project Management Institute (PMI) Guidelines for Ethical Decision Making for this assignment. Document each of the 5 steps to show how you made your final decision. What do you do, and why?