Public speaking is a fear that many people have–even more so than heights, flying, or creepy animals. Therefore, to make matters easier and smoother, it is important to consider audience, purpose, and format when creating a presentation that will accompany one’s verbal communication among a group of colleagues and upper management.
Create a 15- to 20-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation with speaker notes that you would use to train coworkers on effective presentation techniques.
Refer back to Ch. 14 in Excellence in Business Communication for effective presentation techniques.
Include the following:
- At least five strategies from this week’s readings on effectively developing and delivering a presentation to an audience
- Tips for overcoming speaking anxiety
- A description of how using presentations can help enhance the understanding of important information
Demonstrate the effective use of visual resources by including at least three images.
Note: In creating your presentation, be sure to actively model the effective presentation tips you are teaching your audience. For example, include short, precise, pertinent information on each slide and interesting and easy-to-follow graphics.
Present your Effective Presentation Skills Training.
- For Local Campus students, these are 10- to 15-minute oral presentations accompanied by Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentations.
- For Online Campus and Directed Study students, these are Microsoft® PowerPoint®presentations with detailed speaker notes.