In this assessment, you will focus on the process of recruiting candidates for the position you have chosen to examine throughout the course. Weiler (2013) offers the following two definitions of recruitment:
- “[It is] a process of finding and attracting capable applicants for employment. The process begins when new recruits are sought and ends when their applications are submitted. The result is a pool of applications from which new employees are selected.
- It is the process to discover sources of manpower to meet the requirement of staffing schedule and to employ effective measures for attracting that manpower in adequate numbers to facilitate effective selection of an efficient working force.”
Use the Capella library, scholarly resources, and professional journals to research recruiting and sourcing strategies that would be appropriate for the position you have chosen. To get started, you are encouraged to refer to the suggested materials linked in the Unit Resources.
Write a 2–3 page paper that addresses all of the following points related to recruiting and sourcing:
- Analyze competitive factors and organizational needs that affect the recruitment process for your chosen position.
- Describe how the chosen strategies align the needs of the organization with competitive factors in the marketplace.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of utilizing sourcing methods.
- Describe and justify sourcing methods that will be utilized for a position being recruited.
- Evaluate and select effective recruiting strategies for your position.
- Describe the talents of the ideal candidate you would select for the position being recruited.
Refer to the Recruiting and Sourcing Assessment Scoring Guide to ensure that you meet the grading criteria for this assessment. Cite a minimum of three resources for this paper, listing them on a References page in APA format. (The References page should not be counted in the number of pages for the assessment.)