You serve as the Human Resource Manager for an auto insurance company called Premium Auto Insurance. Up until this point, the Claims Department has consisted of a small number of Claims Representatives who reported directly to the Finance Director.
Claims volume has recently jumped, resulting in the hiring of more Claims Representatives. You, as the Human Resource Manager, feel that a new position of Claims Supervisor is needed in order to manage the expanding claims operation.
Since you are new to the role of Human Resource Manager, and this is the first position you will be hiring for with the company, your CEO wants to approve your recruitment and selection plan. You need to decide what job analysis method to use for the new position that is being created. Then you will conduct a brief job analysis to create the job description.
As the Human Resource Manager for Premium Auto Insurance, it is your role and responsibility to ensure you are recruiting where and as you should be for the most qualified potential applicants. It is equally your role and responsibility to ensure proper recruitment and selection techniques.
Conduct academic research using the library’s databases, like Business Source Complete via EBSCO and Business via ProQuest, as well as reliable webpages and in a minimum 4 page report, address the following:
- Explain what job evaluation method you are going to use to determine the worth of this position.
- Describe how the position that is being created ties back to the organization’s mission and goals.
- Discuss why diversity is important within an organization and what diverse qualities you will be looking for in candidates applying for this position.
- Continue by creating the job description. Be sure to include the descriptive header, the summary, the major functions, and then the job-specifications.
- Include an APA formatted title page and reference page with at least 2 credible sources. Make sure to include APA in-text citations for any information used from outside sources.