Regulation and the Uniform CPA Examination
Review the educational and experience requirements to sit for the Uniform CPA Examination published by the Board of Accountancy for the State in which you intent to pursue licensure, in addition to licensure and continuing professional education requirements. Review the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) Web site to determine the purpose, structure, and format of the Uniform CPA Examination, as well as the organizations involved in delivering the examination on an ongoing basis. Review professional journals published by the AICPA and other national or state accounting associations.
Prepare a 10-12 page research paper (excluding title page, abstract, references page, and appendices) in APA format that presents your findings. In addition, the paper should also discuss the following:
- Assessment of current progress towards meeting educational and experience requirements to sit for the Uniform CPA Examination.
- Opportunities for student membership in national and state accounting associations.
- Avenues for pursuing internships with public accounting firms.
- Strategies for staying current in accounting knowledge after graduation.
- Current trends in careers in accounting.
A minimum of 3 peer-reviewed academic or professional references must be used in development of this paper.