Paper of 7–8 pages (excluding references and cover page) + Database System Plan template
You have been asked to develop a database system plan for a local company (or a company of your choosing) that wants to track its customers/clients, appointments, billing, and employees. The company requires that you complete the following:
- Justify the need for the proposed system.
- Produce a formalized database design plan.
- Switch over to the new database system within 6 months.
- Produce a plan for administering and maintaining the database system.
- Create the Word document template called “Database System Plan” that includes the following:
- Title page
- Course number and name
- Project name
- Student name
- Table of contents (TOC)
- Use an autogenerated TOC.
- It can be 3-levels deep at most.
- Be sure to update the fields of the TOC so that it is up-to-date before submitting your project.
- Section headings
- Create each heading on a new page with “TBD” as content (except for the sections listed under new content below).
During this phase you are required to complete a SQL tutorial which will help prepare you for upcoming tasks. Click here to view the Intro to MySQL tutorial.
This is a mini video course for MySQL, please click take this course for free. You will then be prompted to enter your email and password.
Each week, you will add a section to this database system plan and submit it for grading. Each section will contain the following:
- Part 1 Tasks (objectives)
- System Requirements Specification (New Content for Week 1): Include a feasibility analysis that details what specific steps need to be performed at this phase of the project, clarifies the scope of the project, provides an estimate for cost and time to develop the database, and justifies the need for the proposed database.
- Conceptual Data Model: Identify the entities and highest-level relationships using an embedded diagram (Use Visio software application where applicable). Describe the problem and data requirements in the narrative, as well as your rationale for the conceptual model. Justify your design by discussing how the design will solve the problem presented in the case scenario.