Instructions. Read Case 3:（In the Picture attached).
- The following articles may also be helpful:
After reading and reflecting upon the discussion questions below, please write-up your case assignment according to the instructions in the syllabus. For your convenience, this format is provided below. Remember, your answers to the below discussion questions make up “Section 2” of your case write-up, and each answer should be provided in a separate paragraph.
Case write-ups should follow the following format:
Section 1: Introduction – a brief summary of the case and what you will address in the write-up.
Section 2*: Answers to questions (at the end of the case). Each answer should be discussed in its own paragraph(s).
Section 3: Conclusion – A synopsis of the case and any concluding remarks.
*The questions to answer for this case (for Section 2) are as follows:
- Question 1: What were the underlying causes, economic and political, of the collapse of the Mubrark regime?
- Question 2: What do you think the Egyptian government needs to do in order to get the economy growing again and to attract foreign capital? What are the risks to the government of taking such actions?
- Question 3: What dangers do you see in the current trajectory of the Egyptian economy? What are the implications of these dangers for foreign companies that might consider doing business in Egypt? What do you think it would take to encourage more foreigners to visit, invest, and do business in Egypt? Would such inward investment be good for the Egyptian economy?
- Question 4: Political risks in Egypt seem to be increasing again, and the country seems to be retreating from democracy, largely due to intervention by the military. As a manager in an international business, how would the current turmoil and political uncertainty in Egypt influence your investment decisions, and what does this mean for the future of the Egyptian economy?