Using the annual report from the company that you have selected for your Final Project, discuss the risks the company faces and the actions they take to mitigate those risks. Refer to the Management Discussion and Analysis section of the annual report for this information.
As part of your response consider whether you think the risk mitigation techniques are reasonable. Discuss what others concerns or advice you would offer if you had the opportunity.
Include in your post a calculation for the probability of one of the risks identified by your company. This information may not be available in the annual report, therefore you will likely need to conduct research and critical thinking to complete this calculation.
Tip: For help with reading an annual report access this handy guide from Money Chimp(http://www.moneychimp.com/articles/financials/fundamentals.htm) .
Develop a 200 – 300 word explanation supporting your position.
I have not chosen a company for my final project it is not due for another three weeks…..the final project information is listed below as a guide to the question above
Evaluation of Corporate Performance
The Final Paper will involve applying the concepts learned in class to an analysis of a company using data from its annual report. Using the concepts from this course, you will analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the company and write a report recommending whether or not to purchase the company stock.
The completed report should include:
- An introduction to the company, including background information.
- A financial statement review.
- Pro Forma financial statements (Balance Sheet and Income Statement) for the next two fiscal years, assuming a 10% growth rate in sales and Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) for each of the next two years.
- A ratio analysis for the last fiscal year using at least two ratios from each of the following categories:
- Financial leverage
- Asset management
- Market value
- Calculate Return on Equity (ROE) using the DuPont system.
- Assess management performance by calculating Economic Value Added (EVA).
- Evaluate the soundness of the company’s financial policies (e.g. capital structure, debt, leverage, dividend policy, etc.) based on the material covered during class.
- A synopsis of your findings, including your recommendations and rationale for whether or not to purchase stock from this company.
This report should be 15 to 20 pages long, excluding title page and reference page(s), using APA 6th edition formatting guidelines. Support your findings and recommendations with evidence from at least five scholarly sources in addition to the annual report, such as the textbook, industry reports, and articles from the Ashford University Library. Be sure to include links to websites that were used as references or to access company information.
The Final Paper
- Must be 15 to 20 double-spaced pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in theAshford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources.
- Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.