Ingram, T. N., LaForge, R. W., Avila, R. A., Schwepker, C. H., Jr., & Williams, M. R. (2015). Sales management: Analysis and decision making (9th ed.). New York, NY: Routledge. Read Chapter 7
In this assignment, you are asked to interview a sales manager, and summarize what you learned in a paper of at least three pages. Follow these steps to complete your assignment.
1. Read the chapter assigned in this unit.
2. Review the Unit V discussion in which everyone is asked to post questions to ask a sales manager. Select four to six questions for your interview. When selecting your questions, make sure that you include questions that will cover the following:
the difference between management and leadership of a sales force,
how situational factors affect sales leadership, and
best practices sales managers can follow to create an effective sales force.
3. Find a sales manager to interview. You may be able to find one where you work or through your work colleagues, family, or friends. Auto dealers, radio and television stations, and newspapers have sales managers. A business you deal with may have a sales manager. Keep in mind that the sales manager you interview does not necessarily have to be local because you can conduct your interview in person, on the phone, or using the Internet (email, Skype, Facetime, etc.).
4. When you conduct your interview, remember to take notes. Be sure to record the name and title of the sales manager and where he or she works. Start your paper by identifying the person you interviewed.
BBA 3221, Sales Management 4
5. Report on your interview in a paper of at least two pages. As you prepare your report, list each question and then the sales manager’s response after the question.
6. APA formatting is not required for this assignment.