The opening vignette of chapter 19 is about Oreo, including its real-time marketing efforts. Read the following very short articles which were the sources for the vignette:
- Inside Oreo’s Adorable Triple Play for Father’s Day
- Behind The Scenes Of Oreo’s Real-Time Super Bowl Slam Dunk
- Brand Genius 2012: Lisa Mann, Oreo How do you eat your Oreo? Lisa explains
- For Oreo Campaign Finale, a Twist on Collaboration
- Cookie time
In your essay, analyze the effectiveness of one of the two marketing campaigns that the readings describe. The two are: The 100th Birthday Celebration and the “Which Part of the Cookie Do you Like?” Consider the following:
- What were the target market(s)?
- Which of the 4 communication objectives (pg. 565) do you think were met? There may be more than one. Support your answer with examples from the campaign.
- Provide an example of how the communication channels were effectively integrated.