Congress authorized fast-track powers for trade deals to President Obama the end of June 2015. For your discussion essay, thoroughly answer at least two of the below questions.
- What do you see as short-term and long-term trade effects?
- Compare and contrast some of the good and bad points of the fast-track process.
- Is fast-track good for the American worker?
- Is fast-track good for the American consumer?
- How will implementation of proposed trade agreements impact the United States balance of trade and trade deficit.
- How will pending/proposed trade agreements impact union labor?
- How will pending/proposed trade agreements impact employment?
- What sectors will be benefited?
- What sectors will be impacted?