There is no need to take the time to retype the questions, as your responses are the most important part; however, please do mark/number which questions you are answering.
Please read the instructions for assignments carefully and take time to review your work.
Perhaps the most important, show all of your work and/or fully explain your answers.Remember, all work should be original and in your own words and/or your sources should be properly cited.
Complete the following short answer questions:
1. Design an Ethernet network to connect a single client
PC to a single server. Both the client and the server will connect to their respective workgroup switches via
UTP. Their workgroup switches are connected directly by a trunk link. The two switches are 1,700 meters apart. They need to communicate at 500 Mbps. Your design should specify the transmission link between the switches.
2. Add to your design in the previous question. Add another client next to the first client. This client will also communicate with the server and need only 100
Mbps in transmission speed. Again, your design should specify the locations of switches and the transmission link between the switches.
3. What are the advantages for using power over Ethernet (POE)?
4. What are the potential risks to users with using powered switch ports?
5. How do you think the above risks can be avoided in the
POE Plus standard?
6. What primary differences are there between managed and unmanaged switches?
7. In what instances would it make sense to use an unmanaged switch?
8. What is the best means for mitigating the single points for failure on an Ethernet network?
9. Give two business-use examples for each fiber types.
10. When implementing SNMP for managed switches, what security planning principle must be considered?