Strategic Staffing Plan Research Assignment
Much research has been conducted on the strategic function of human resources planning. For example, consider the restructuring of a large organization to meet proposed changes in the strategic plan. Some companies change their overall strategy more frequently (every 2-5 years) and some wait much longer. When a company changes strategic plans, human resources are also a consideration.
Using the library databases, find peer-reviewed articles that present information on strategic planning from the human resources perspective. Present your research in a written assignment. Hint: Research the FSW library databases using keywords such as “human resources strategy”, and set the search filters to limit the search to include only full-text, peer-reviewed sources.
The written component of this assignment should be a minimum of 3 full pages (not including the the title and reference pages) and should be cited and formatted according to APA Style (see the APA template, as well as additional APA resources included in the Orientation Module).
- See the link to the FSW Library Research Tutorial. Be sure to review how to find peer-reviewed (scholarly) articles. World Wide Web articles will not be accepted.
- The paper must be written in third person. (See the “First.Second.Third Person Handout” in the Orientation Module.)
- Direct quotes are NOT permitted.
- The paper should have one-inch margins.
- Be sure to include page numbers and the appropriate heading in the header of the document. (see the APA template in the Orientation Module.)
- Twelve point, Times New Roman font is required
- The textbook may not be used as a source for this assignment
- Carefully review your paper for spelling, grammatical, and writing style errors. See the “Grammar Tips Handout” in the Orientation Module. Remember that contractions are not used in APA.
This is a general overview of what elements I will be looking for when grading your paper:
- Content addresses the topic
- APA documentation style and formatting used appropriately
- Spelling, grammar, and writing style