For this assessment, summarize three scholarly articles about strategy secure fit and use the articles, along with a real-world example, to support your ideas about how strategy and structure are related.
Organizational strategy is determined in many ways by the organization’s structure. Successful implementation of these strategies depends on the structure of the organization and how well the structure supports the organization’s goals.
- Explain the relationship between strategy and structure.
- Explain how strategy and structure fit together to influence organizational learning and performance.
- Describe an example of an organization that is perceived to have a strong strategy-structure fit.
- Describe the characteristics of an organization that is perceived to have a strong strategy-structure fit.
To complete this assessment, complete the following:
- Provide a brief summary of each of the three articles you selected, along with a brief explanation of why you selected each article.
- Explain how strategy and structure are related—how they “fit” together—to influence learning and performance. Use the articles to support your statements.
- Describe an example of a real-world organization that you believe has a strong strategy-structure alignment. What are some of the characteristics of the organization that lead you to believe that the strategy is tightly aligned with the structure?