Topic: “Resilience can be applied to cities. They too need to last, to respond to crisis and adapt in a way that may cause them to change and grow differently; cities require an inner strength, a resolve, as well as a strong physical infrastructure and built environment.” (Newman, Beatley, & Boyer, 2009).
Instructions: For this assignment, choose a U.S. city that you are familiar with or one you would like to learn more about. After choosing a city, write at least 1,500 words, following the formatting outlined in the Writing Guide, answering the questions below.
- Provide a brief introduction about the city and why you chose it.
- What, if anything, makes this city vulnerable with regard to climate change?
- What might happen to this city in the future if it continues ‘business as usual’ and no steps are taken to increase its resiliency?
- How can the city’s built environment be changed to increase its resiliency?
- How can the city’s transportation system be modified to increase resiliency?
- What might be an effective way to implement a resiliency plan for this city, or improve upon an existing plan?
3- Word Page Count: 1500 words