For the Module 2 Case, we will be formulating a SWOT analysis of the Coca-Cola Company.
Visit the library, and go to IBISWorld. Enter the term “Soda Production in the U.S.” After you have familiarized yourself with the IBISWorld contents (be sure that you review all pages on the Soda industry), perform some additional and more current research in the library on Coca-Cola (use trade journals, newspaper articles, and magazines). Be sure that you review the company’s most recent 10-K report as well, located at http://www.coca-colacompany.com/2015-year-in-revie…
Then, in a well-written 5-page paper, do the following:
- Perform an assessment of Coca-Cola’s external environment, identifying key opportunities and threats, by doing the following:
- Complete an analysis of Coca-Cola’s external environment using Porter’s Five Forces.
- Using the Function Approach to Internal Analysis, identify key strengths and weaknesses at Coca-Cola by performing an in-depth internal analysis of the company. Use what you have learned in previous courses to perform your analysis. At a minimum, evaluate the following functional areas:
- Accounting/Finance: Include your analysis of at least three (3) key financial ratios (if you need a resource, see: Drake, P. (n.d.). Financial Ratio Analysis. Retrieved from http://educ.jmu.edu/~drakepp/principles/module2/fin_rat.pdf).
- Human Resources
- Operations Management
- After you have completed your Internal and External analyses, prepare a table in which you clearly show the most important strengths and weaknesses of the company, and the most salient opportunities and threats currently facing the Coca-Cola Company.
- Conclude your analysis by answering the following:
- Does Coca-Cola have more strengths or weaknesses? Explain.
- Does Coca-Cola have more opportunities or threats? Explain.
- Does Coca-Cola have any sustainable competitive advantages? If so, what are they?
Your Case Assignment should be a minimum of 5 pages in length.
You are required to use APA formatting, and you are required to cite and reference your sources. There should be a minimum of three (3) reputable sources cited and referenced in your paper (at least two of your sources must be different from the sources provided you in the Background materials).