Originality of Your Completed Guides:
Any detected use of content from assignments submitted in previous offerings in this course will result in, at a minimum, a zero grade on this assignment. There will be no exceptions to this policy*. See the Academic Honesty section in the course syllabus for information on additional sanctions that may be imposed in a case of a violation of this requirement.
* Note: A Turnitin analysis (see http://turnitin.com/ (Links to an external site.) for information on this product) will be automatically applied to your assignment submission to indicate the potential degree of “originality,” which means that you have interpreted and are discussing your research results “in your own words” (paraphrasing) or are using proper APA citation methods to include the words of others. A Turnitin analysis percentage of 15% or higher will result in your receiving a zero on this assignment unless a review indicates that all sources have been correctly cited in APA format: be aware that all similar assignments from prior semesters in this course are included in Turnitin analyses of originality.
Scenario: Your team works for a consulting company specializing in systems analysis, design, and implementation services and the PMI project management methodology (see http://www.pmi.org/ (Links to an external site.) ) used to manage those services. In order to provide an effective decision support tool for your team’s work on future consulting assignments, you have been asked to complete an initial, foundation task. See the Business Case for the hypothetical organization serving as your team’s systems development and project management client.
- Prepare a report to guide management of the two best alternatives for a systems development methodology (reference Chapter 1) in ranked order (best and second best) to serve the client organization detailed in the . In this report, identify and describe each of the two best alternatives for the systems development methodology for the client organization. Then, provide a strong justification on why you are recommending consideration of the two methodologies (specifically, how do they “fit” the client organization and how are they more suitable than the other methodologies identified and described in Chapter 1) as the best alternatives.
- Prepare a report to guide management through the recommendation of an optimal software systems acquisition strategy for the consulting assignment described in the . Once again, this report should be specific to the client organization. As in the previous report detailed above, identify and describe each of the two best alternatives for the software source for the client organization and then provide a strong justification on why you are recommending consideration of the two software sources (specifically, how do they “fit” the client organization and how are they more suitable than the other software sources identified and described in Chapter 2) as the best alternatives.
- Prepare a report to to guide management by identifying potential “best practices” (see a good definition of this term at http://searchsoftwarequality.techtarget.com/definition/best-practice (Links to an external site) for the following organizational processes:
- Six or more “best practices” in successfully identifying and selecting (identify how each proposed best practice targets either “identifying” or “selecting”) potential information systems projects in organizations. See the content of textbook Chapter 4.
- Six or more “best practices” in successfully initiating and planning (identify how each proposed best practice targets either “initiating” or “planning”) selected information systems projects in organizations. See the content of textbook Chapter 5.
- Information Systems Project Management Constraints and Project Manager Skills (reference Chapter 3 and PMI.org (Links to an external site.)):
- Identify a “quadruple constraint” to success in information systems projects. Explain each of the constraints individually in term of what aspects of project management it involves and why is is difficult to overcome in information systems project management. Finally, explain and recommend two or more strategies that may help in overcoming each of the constraints (eight strategies, total).
- Write a a complete and effective job ad for a Project Manager in Information Systems projects. The ad must include the following components: Description of Duties, Required Skills and Abilities, and Minimum Educational requirements for Candidates. Note: resist the temptation to locate one online and then copy and paste that for this task — you are welcome to review those that you locate, but your must think for yourselves as a team to analyze those and develop one as an original product for your team.
Structure of the Deliverables for this Assignment:
Each of the deliverables for the four tasks in this assignment must contain an introductory section describing the background and purpose of the deliverable followed by the content of the deliverable. The major goal for each deliverable should be usability in relation to effective support for managerial decision making in the content areas.
The completed work for this assignment is to be submitted only by the designated (team decision) lead team member for this assignment. All task deliverables are to be composed in a single Microsoft Word document with the four task components clearly labeled to identify each of the components. The order of the components is to be (1) Report for Guiding the Selection of Systems Development Methodologies, (2) Report for Guiding the Recommendation of Software Systems Acquisition Strategies, (3) Best Practices in Identifying, Selecting, Initiating, and Planning Information Systems projects, and (4) Information Systems Project Management Constraints and Project Manager Skills. Only the designated team lead for this assignment is to submit a copy of the Word document as created through the team effort.
This is a 150-point assignment!
1.My team have 4 people and our leader break down the work ,so I need finish part 4( Information Systems Project Management Constraints and Project Manager Skills)
2. 3-5 pages
3.when you finish, you need check with http://turnitin.com/(A Turnitin analysis percentage of 15% or higher will result in your receiving a zero on this assignment )