The United States criminal justice system consists of three major components: law enforcement, courts, and corrections. Each has a specific role and is essential to and effective criminal justice system.
For this assignment research and report on the three major components of the criminal justice system near you. You must research and report on the following:
- A local law enforcement agency (local police or sheriff)
- A state law enforcement agency
- A local court system (mayor’s court, municipal court, county court, etc.)
- A local correctional facility (local or county jail)
- A state correctional facility (prison)
Once you identify each of the systems, you should answer the following:
- What is the agency or system?
- What services do they provide?
- What contributions do they make to the criminal justice system?
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- 2-3 pages (approx. 300 words per page), not including title page or references page
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page with topic and name of student
- Minimum of three in-text citations with corresponding references
- References page (minimum of 3 req