Students are to go to the Thomson One site and find the prospectus filed on December 19, 2008, by Walt Disney Company (ticker symbol, DIS). This prospectus can be accessed under the filings table and look for PROSP under filling type. Read the prospectus in preparation for completing this assignment.
You are to write a three to six (3-6) page report that answers the following:
- Indicate the type of debt did Disney offers to the public for sale and discuss the various approaches Disney incorporated to ensure successful marketability of these securities.
- List the dollar amount of debt Disney proposed to sell to the public. Indicate whether this amount has increased or decreased from 2008 to 2010. Discuss some potential causes of this increase or decrease.
- Determine the percentage of the sales price Disney nets after discounts and commissions. Indicate whether this amount as decreased or increased from 2008 to 2010. Discuss some potential causes of this increase or decrease.
- Indicate what Disney stated they would use the proceeds for from the sale of securities. Discuss whether or not Disney was able to use those funds for the reasons stated in the prospectus. If not should Disney be held accountable by their investors? Why or Why not?
The format of the report is to be as follows:
- Typed, double spaced, Times New Roman font (size 12), one inch margins on all sides, APA format.
- Use headers for each of the subjects being covered, followed by your response.
- In addition to the three to six (3-6) pages required, a title page is to be included. The title page is to contain the title of the assignment, your name, the instructor’s name, the course title, and the date.